So, I guess I’m blogging again… It’s amazing what a little snow + not putting away Christmas stuff, writing thank you notes, or doing laundry will do for your blogging motivation. 😉
Anyway, inspired by Emily Henderson this morning, here are a few things I can’t stop talking about right now (i.e. the things I’m linking & liking lately):
- The new Mary Poppins movie. I took the kids to see this last weekend when Jeff was out of town and, I admit, I was super nervous because I’d heard it was so long, but I really wanted to see it myself, so we risked it… All three of us LOVED it!! We showed up a little late to miss the previews (there were TONS), and the beginning was a tiny bit slow / some of it was way over Nora’s head, but once Mary Poppins came on to the scene, it just took off and the 2 hours flew by. Seriously, at several points, I looked over and Sam and Nora were both sitting on the edge of their seats with their eyes and mouths wide. *When we left, we bought the soundtrack to listen to in the car, so we’ve been reliving the magic over and over again ever since.
- I had Book Club this past Thursday, and we read/discussed Exit West by Mohsin Hamid. This was a book I wasn’t excited about reading, but I actually really liked. It is SO beautifully written and culturally relevant right now. *I also strongly recommend listening to these podcast interviews with the author — Fresh Air & The B&N Podcast — AFTER you read the book. It added so much to my experience!
- A girlfriend of mine turned me on the Hour of Code website for Sam, and it’s been great. He has actually learned how to code a video game (way better than just knowing how to play a video game in my opinion) from the creators of Minecraft and more. Super cool and completely self-guided. PERFECT for long snow days that need filling.
- I treated myself to this new bag with a Christmas gift card, and it’s perfect! It’s big, but I like big bags #andicannotlie 😉
- I also bought my first pair of Converse recently, and I’m not sure what took me so long.
- Making this soup is the primary item on my agenda today. I even bundled up the kids and rushed out to the grocery store as soon as the snow started yesterday so I’d have everything I need before we got stuck. It looks like the PERFECT cozy day food. (Speaking of soup, did you read about Joanna Goddard’s Soup Group idea this week?)
- And, since the new year makes me suddenly OVERWHELMED with it: The Unbearable Heaviness of Clutter.
Enjoy your Sunday friends. Maybe we’ll do this again next week!