As a fun wrap up to the year, my blog friend Heather and I are sharing our 14 Favorite Finds from 2014 today… I’ve mentioned many of these things in previous blog posts throughout the last 12 months, but some are totally new. I hope you enjoy, and maybe find a new favorite or two for yourself! (Be sure to check out her list at Notes from the Nelsens too – she’s got some great things on there!)
Here you go… In no particular order:
1. Fitbit Flex – I started wearing my Fitbit on January 1st, 2014 and wore it religiously until I found out I was pregnant/ couldn’t get off the couch in June. I just picked it up and started wearing it again this week and remembered how great it is for me. I love the “game” of trying to get 10,000 steps a day – I seriously do SO much better with a little friendly competition.
2. Podcasts – I kind-of became obsessed with listening to these this year, especially Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, The Lively Show, Pregnancy Perfect, Sarah R. Bagley, and of course Serial.
3. Starbucks Reusable Plastic Cup – it looks just like a regular Starbucks paper cup, only costs $1, and makes my boring old Kroger brand Columbian from home feel so much more glamourous.
4. Pilot Vball Grip Extra Fine Point Pens – Never will there be a list of favorites that doesn’t include these pens. I have loved them for years, and they continue to be the only pens I use. (Be warned, if you use them once, you WILL have to make the switch completely… I’ve already converted all my family members and co-workers.)
5. Dancing with the Stars – I only started watching this because The Bachelor was off-season, and I needed an excuse to continue my weekly girls’ night; BUT, I totally got into it. I like it even more than The Bachelor now – which is saying a lot.
6. Emily Ley Simplified Planner & Home Base Binder – I started using both of these products in the Spring of 2014 and am all set to start fresh with new ones in 2015. I LOVE Emily Ley’s style and heart for the work she is doing. (P.S. Check out her free printable for a New Years Family Meeting.)
7. Liane Moriarty Novels – I read What Alice Forgot, Big Little Lies, and The Husband’s Secret in 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. (More on books tomorrow!)
8. Jif Natural Peanut Butter with Honey – I’ve always been a big fan of PB, but this just kicks it up a notch without being all chocolate/marshmallow/cookie butterish.
9. Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation by Cover Girl – My sister introduced me to this a little over a month ago as a – MUCH less expensive – alternative to Tarte Amazonian Clay. I love the coverage it provides without looking cakey!
10. Capsule Wardrobes – I became a little obsessed with other people’s attempts at this concept – inspired by Courtney & Caroline – this year, and hope to implement it myself in 2015 when I’m not pregnant.
11. Bath & Body Works Candles – I hadn’t done much B&BW shopping since my high school days, but this year my sis encouraged me to try out their candles, and I’m addicted. I haven’t been able to find better quality (or more wonderful scents) at a better price anywhere! (P.S. Most on sale right now!)
12. Target Riding Boots – I knew I was taking a risk buying “nice” boots from Target, but for only $75.00 they really can’t be beat. The color and height is perfect, and the wide calf style is exactly what I needed. I wear these ALL the time!
13. iPhone Reminder App – Why did it take me this long to discover this thing?!? It is list-making and crossing-off at its very finest. 😉
14. Toyota Sienna – That’s right, I never blogged about it, but 2014 made me an official minivan convert, and there is NO going back now! I love it!!
So, what were your favorite finds this year?! Please share!!!
Erika B. says
I love this!! I just got a Fitbit for my birthday and I love it (slash am appalled at what a slug I am)! Also love Serial, B&BW candles, and Liane Moriarty novels!! We are basically twins. 🙂
I just bought the new Sienna too!!! Oh my word… best thing I ever did. So much better than my ginormous SUV. We were torn between the Odyssey and the Sienna as both had some great features but the Toyota won us over. Hello Dual Moonroof!!!! Glad your loving it too
Stephanie Garrott says
This could totally be my list too (minus the make up and riding boots – I’ve never worn make up or the skinny jeans to make those boots work). We bought a Sienna 2 weeks after our son was born. I wasn’t happy about it at the time. I had to give up my Saturn which was my “congratulations you made it through college and got a job” gift to myself almost 10 years ago. I love it now. So much easier with two kids and all their stuff. I tell everyone how it’s the nicest car I have ever owned. Power doors have become the biggest blessing while trying to load / unload and wrangle a two year old. Ha!
This is so fun, I should make a post like this! I am also a huge fan of DWTS! It’s so much more entertaining and I really liked the cast this year. Pretty sure I brought like 4 bath and body works candles for gifts this year, they are just perfect! Target riding boots = love!
Happy New Year!
Dani R says
You’re seriously a girl after my own heart! I just got a fit bit for christmas, I am reading ‘the husband’s secret’ right now and I just fell in love with bath and body works candles haha. I love the idea of the Starbucks cup and I can’t wait to see your reading list tomorrow 🙂 thanks for sharing!
Ahhh you got a minivan!!! I am SO jealous. Since we found out about #2 I’ve been trying to convince my husband to get one….and after trying to squeeze in between the toddler and infant seats in our little Jetta last night to calm a screaming baby, I’m even more convinced we need one! I’d love to hear more about how you decided on the Sienna (I’m assuming you probably looked at the Odyssey too?)