As a fun wrap up to the year, my blog friend Heather and I are sharing our 14 Favorite Finds from 2014 today… I’ve mentioned many of these things in previous blog posts throughout the last 12 months, but some are totally new. I hope you enjoy, and maybe find a new favorite or two for yourself! (Be sure to check out her list at Notes from the Nelsens too – she’s got some great things on there!)
Here you go… In no particular order:
1. Fitbit Flex – I started wearing my Fitbit on January 1st, 2014 and wore it religiously until I found out I was pregnant/ couldn’t get off the couch in June. I just picked it up and started wearing it again this week and remembered how great it is for me. I love the “game” of trying to get 10,000 steps a day – I seriously do SO much better with a little friendly competition.
3. Starbucks Reusable Plastic Cup – it looks just like a regular Starbucks paper cup, only costs $1, and makes my boring old Kroger brand Columbian from home feel so much more glamourous.
4. Pilot Vball Grip Extra Fine Point Pens – Never will there be a list of favorites that doesn’t include these pens. I have loved them for years, and they continue to be the only pens I use. (Be warned, if you use them once, you WILL have to make the switch completely… I’ve already converted all my family members and co-workers.)
5. Dancing with the Stars – I only started watching this because The Bachelor was off-season, and I needed an excuse to continue my weekly girls’ night; BUT, I totally got into it. I like it even more than The Bachelor now – which is saying a lot.
6. Emily Ley Simplified Planner & Home Base Binder – I started using both of these products in the Spring of 2014 and am all set to start fresh with new ones in 2015. I LOVE Emily Ley’s style and heart for the work she is doing. (P.S. Check out her free printable for a New Years Family Meeting.)
8. Jif Natural Peanut Butter with Honey – I’ve always been a big fan of PB, but this just kicks it up a notch without being all chocolate/marshmallow/cookie butterish.
9. Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation by Cover Girl – My sister introduced me to this a little over a month ago as a – MUCH less expensive – alternative to Tarte Amazonian Clay. I love the coverage it provides without looking cakey!
10. Capsule Wardrobes – I became a little obsessed with other people’s attempts at this concept – inspired by Courtney & Caroline – this year, and hope to implement it myself in 2015 when I’m not pregnant.
11. Bath & Body Works Candles – I hadn’t done much B&BW shopping since my high school days, but this year my sis encouraged me to try out their candles, and I’m addicted. I haven’t been able to find better quality (or more wonderful scents) at a better price anywhere! (P.S. Most on sale right now!)
12. Target Riding Boots – I knew I was taking a risk buying “nice” boots from Target, but for only $75.00 they really can’t be beat. The color and height is perfect, and the wide calf style is exactly what I needed. I wear these ALL the time!
13. iPhone Reminder App – Why did it take me this long to discover this thing?!? It is list-making and crossing-off at its very finest. 😉
14. Toyota Sienna – That’s right, I never blogged about it, but 2014 made me an official minivan convert, and there is NO going back now! I love it!!
So, what were your favorite finds this year?! Please share!!!