Monday will be the seventh anniversary of the day I married my best friend! Part of me can’t believe it has been SEVEN years, and another part of me feels like we’ve been together our whole lives. When I think back on the first year or so of marriage, I can’t help but feel like we were two little kids playing “house.” Regardless, I’m thankful for all the joy and adventure the last seven years have brought us, and I can’t wait to see what the next seven bring!! (You can read more about my handsome husband – and why I really don’t blog too much about him – in this post.)
I don’t know about you, but for the last several years, our summers have been FULL of weddings! (Which I LOVE, by the way!) When it comes to buying gifts, I tend to lean towards something practical and off the registry, but I’ve been getting wilder lately and branching out a little and trying more personalized and/or creative gifts instead. So, today, in honor of our seventh anniversary, here are 7 fun gift ideas for the weddings on your calendar this summer:
1. Mr. & Mrs. Koozie Set from Crystal Faye – adorable for the couple honeymooning in the Caribbean, and would complement a cooler, picnic basket, or ice bucket off the registry nicely.
2. Custom Wedding Portrait from My Little Buffalo – We got our first family portrait from My Little Buffalo this year (see it in this post), and I think it’s great!! In the future, I’d like to get more and put them all on the same wall to show how our family grows and changes. Wouldn’t this be a cute way to start that tradition for a new couple?!
3. Happy Home Hook Pillow from Heart & Home – I have a little thing for pillows, and I just adore this one! So cheerful and cute!
4. Willow Tree Nativity – We actually received this nativity as a gift when we got married from some of Jeff’s relatives. (It’s genius actually – all the adult kids from the family went in and bought different parts of the set. So, it was several separate gifts that all fit together to be a complete nativity.) I LOVED it, because it is totally something we want(ed) for my family, but would not have thought to (or had the money to) by for ourselves. Now, every year when I get the pieces out of the box, I think of these particular loved ones – and what a great gift it was! 🙂
5. Personalized Stockings/Tree Skirt from Merry Stockings.com –More Christmas in July!! This idea is in the same vein as #4, but even more creative and personal!! (Just choose a simple design that could easily be added to as the family grows.)
6. Custom Stationary & Return Address Stamp from Walnut Paperie – Having my own address stamp and “fancy” stationary totally made me feel like a real grown-up when we first got married… I love this idea, just make sure the couple is in a place they will be settled in for a while before buying!
7. Three Nights Wine Box from Uncommon Goods (and your favorite wine, of course) – You really can’t go wrong with wine, and this box is awesome! The newlyweds would certainly enjoy choosing the special occasions to open the first two, and the last could be shared with the top layer of their wedding cake (if people still do that – we did) – so sweet.
Alright! Hope you all have a great weekend!