This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I kept noticing that something was “off” about the way I looked. My hair and makeup were already done in their usual way, and I was fully dressed for the day; but I just didn’t look finished. I finally realized that it was my earrings – or lack thereof. The night before, I had taken off my trusty pearl studs because they were rubbing the wrong way when I slept… I’m not a big jewelry wearer – in fact, I hardly ever wear anything but pearls – but I noticed this morning that I kind-of “depend” on them to complete my look every morning. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I left the house – even to go to the gym or run a quick errand – without earrings on.
This got me thinking about what other things I “don’t leave home without” – things that I literally feel “lost” if I don’t have – and here’s what I came up with (don’t judge):
1. Wet Wipes. I have a toddler. No further explanation is needed.
2. My iPhone. I 100% admit to being addicted to my phone. #stillrockinthe4s
3. My FitBit Flex. I got this at the start of the new year and love wearing it to track my steps and calories burned each day. My sister wears one too and we are in a constant little competition to see who is more active each day.
5. A purse-sized hairbrush. (Is it weird that I can physically feel when I haven’t brushed my hair in a while, and I crave a good brushing? #justcallmemarshabrady)
6. My favorite pens. Literally, I don’t even sign papers or write checks with anything besides the Vball Grip Extra Fine in black.
7. Sunglasses. I don’t know if this is a real thing or not, but I really think my eyes have gotten so used to sunglasses that I cannot see well (at all) without them during the day. I’ve been known to turn around and drive home if they aren’t in my purse when I get in the car.
What about you? What do you not leave home without?
(This post is unsponsored/ contains no affiliate links. Just stuff I use everyday.)