Today Heather and I are sharing our list of favorites from the month… So, without further adieu, these are a few of my (very random) favorite things from January:
1. SkinnyPop Popcorn. Have you had this stuff? It is the PERFECT snack for late night pregnancy munchies… It has nothing artificial in it, has only about 40 calories per cup, and is downright delicious and fresh tasting. My very favorite is the “Naturally Sweet” flavor, but the others (original, white cheddar, and black pepper) are also yummy!
2. Make It Happen by Lara Casey. I just started reading this book a few days ago, but it is already making an impact on my heart and on my life. I adore this quote from the first chapter — “Be still friend. Know that God’s desire for you is a life of peace. He wants to free you from the chase. Wherever you are is exactly where you are supposed to be to ignite intentional change.” This is going to be good. (I’ll write a full review post when I’m done.)
3. Mossimo Supply Co. – Yoga Leggings. My sister gave me a pair of these (in the cropped style) a while back, but I recently picked up a pair of the longer ones and have, basically, been living in them ever since. They are SO soft and comfortable and, as a bonus for pregnancy, the huge band can be unfolded to “cover” my belly. I also love that they can be worn as loungewear at home (my personal favorite), workout wear for the gym, or even as regular pants/legging with a long (please long) shirt. At only $14.99 and available in lots of cute colors and prints, I absolutely plan to stock up on more of these before my maternity leave. (P.S. There is a Cartwheel deal for 20% off all Target clearance running through Saturday.)
4. The Sleep Easy Sound Conditioner. This is a little bit hilarious even to me, but I had to add it because I’ve liked it so much! We actually ordered this white noise machine for the nursery but, since the baby will be sleeping in our room for the first couple of months, we went ahead and set it up in there for now. It is basically just a fan inside a little box that you plug in and can adjust the tone and volume on; but the sound is so soothing and has really helped me sleep lately. I love the sound of a fan when I am sleeping, but it isn’t great for my allergies, so this is a great alternative. Plus, it is all natural – i.e. no crazy radio waves or anything like that – and very inexpensive (less than $15). If you’re in the market for a new sound machine, I highly recommend giving this one a try.
5. The Americans on Amazon Prime. Jeff and I have been looking for a TV show to watch together for ages, and this one has finally fit the bill! (Thanks Courtney for the recommendation!) Basically, it follows two Russian spies living in America during the Reagan era (1980s) at the peak of the KGB etc. and posing as the perfect American family. The story line has enough action and mystery to keep Jeff hooked, and I’m really into the relational aspect of it – two people forced to build a life together for their “jobs.” It is currently in its third season on FX (I think it just premiered on Wednesday actually), but seasons one and two are free for members on Amazon Prime. I strongly recommend it; but, be warned, parts of it can be quite dirty!
6. Emily Ley Free Printables. You already know my obsession with my Emily Ley Simplified Planner & Home Base Binder; but, recently, she’s been on a roll with the free printables too!! She’s been on modified bed rest with twins for the last several weeks, and we’ve totally reaped the benefits of it. Check out this post from her blog for details about the printables and print your own here. (I’m particularly loving the updated daily planner pages, the borrowed items tracker – so helpful with a new baby on the way, and all the freebie Valentine’s templates for kids and husbands/significant others.)
That about rounds things out for January, what about you? What were your favorite finds this month? Don’t forget to check out Heather’s list today too! (But first… Read on for a fun give away!)
*No affiliate links or otherwise sponsored content in this post
SPEAKING OF FAVORITE THINGS, before you go, remember the fun flamingo print from my baby girl nursery mood board? Well, I ended up ordering three of the smallest flamingo prints this month (as shown in this photo on Instagram), and I’m pretty much obsessed with them. The simple, clean, but still bright, colorful, and fun look has been my subtle inspiration for the whole room (reveal coming soon – hopefully). Anyway, today, The Animal Print Shop is giving one lucky reader any 11×13 print ($75 value) of their choice for FREE!
Here are a few of my favorite prints on display in homes around the country from the The Animal Print Shop Blog:
Seriously, if I could afford it, I would put one of these prints in EVERY room in my house…
Want one of your own? Just follow the simple steps to enter the giveaway below! Winner will be announced next week. 🙂
*Give away eligible for US residents only please. Sorry!