Good morning friends! Can I just say… It has felt so good to be blogging again this week?!? I’ll be honest, I’m not someone who can crank out a blog post in a few minutes. It usually takes me over an hour to put together even a fairly simple post, and there are always a million other things I “should” be doing, but I really do love it. Thanks for being here!
Now, on to this month’s confessions… There’s plenty of dirt to be shared!
– When I haven’t done laundry in a while (read, often) I “let” Sam sleep in one of my t-shirts and make a big deal about how cool he looks in it. #winwin
– Sometimes I sit in the car in my driveway after we’ve been out for a while just because both kids are contained and quiet and I can check my email, scroll Facebook, etc. on my phone in peace.
– Yesterday, I made the spur of the moment decision to bypass my plans to go to the playground/track and walk with the kids after some morning errands and go to Chick-fil-a instead because we were all (read: me) hangry. (No, this is not my confession, though it probably should be. #Iorderedasalad) It wasn’t until we were parked and walking in that I remembered it was “Cow Appreciation Day.” For those of you that are unfamiliar, this is an annual Chick-fil-a event where customers are encouraged to dress like a cow and, in exchange, get free food. We weren’t dressed like cows. In fact, Sam and I were both – coincidentally – wearing BRIGHT orange shirts, so we stood out even more than usual in the sea of black and white that was the restaurant. Seriously, people will do A LOT for a free chicken sandwich. I was the most unfun mom in the place, and I felt like such a Chick-fil-a amateur (which, I assure you, I am NOT). I kid you not: at one point the store manager came over to refill my drink (#loveyouchickfila #andyourdietlemonade) and asked me if I knew what was going on today… Ugh. I’m googling cow costumes now so we will be ready next year (and I won’t have to do any creative crafting).
– Also yesterday, I had an appointment to get my car inspected at the Toyota dealership. Jeff was home to watch the kids, so I snuck out by myself for the hour-long appointment. The dealership is brand new, air-conditioned, (mostly) quiet, and had Diet Dr. Pepper. It was, clearly, the next best thing to heaven. Every time someone came on the loud speaker to say a car was ready, I secretely prayed it wasn’t mine (and I wasn’t the slightest bit disappointed that it took almost a full two hours instead of one). I also opted NOT to have them do the free oil change while I was already there because… I’m pretty sure I will need that next week!
– I’ve noticed while typing this that I can not not double-space after a period when I type. Why did they have to change that rule?!?
And the whopper of all confessions this month…
– Last night I took the kids to watch Jeff’s kickball game and was holding Nora on the bleachers while Sam played next to us. At one point in the game, someone got alittletoointoit and a fly (kick)ball came soaring in our direction. What did I do? Oh, you know… Just shielded my own face WITH MY BABY!! #momoftheyear #sendmethetherapybill THANK GOODNESS the ball missed us, and I learned an important lesson about always keeping Nora in her stroller when we attend high-risk events. #Icantbetrusted
So… Can anyone top that?!? What are your “less than perfect” moments from the month? Make sure to check out Heather’s confessions here and link up your own below (or just leave them in the comment). You can also copy the code from the graphic below and paste it into your own post to link back here if you want. I can’t wait to see what you’ve got!