Good morning! It’s an especially happy Monday here as it is the first full day of our beach vacation. I’m currently drinking coffee and looking out at the sand and ocean while grandparents entertain Sam and rock Nora. It doesn’t get much better…
It’s also the 15th which means it’s time for Mid-Month Confessions! Please join Heather and I as we get some of our “less than perfect” moments off our chest and share a good laugh. I’ll go first:
– I stayed up until 2AM the night before we left for the beach finishing laundry, packing, and
not really cleaning the house. I didn’t even start packing for myself until almost midnight. It should be noted that I had five full days at home/off work prior to this which one would think would have been plenty of time. ALSO, we could probably live here for the rest of our lives and not go without a thing.
– Sam watched THREE movies in a row on our way down. Car trips are the one time I’m perfectly content allowing him to fry his brain. #hisormine
– Last weekend my parents and sister were out having a few drinks after dinner, and Jeff encouraged me to go meet them since Sam was getting ready for bed and Nora wouldn’t need to eat again for another two hours. I got so excited to go have “adult” hang out time (and was in such a hurry to maximize those 120 minutes) that I a.) wore the capri pants I’d had on all day to a bar at night (so 2012) and b.) hit the neighbors’ trashcan as I was backing out of the driveway in our minivan. Clearly I don’t get out much.
– I gave up soda last year and was so proud of myself. Some time during the first trimester of my pregnancy with Nora, I started having a fountain Diet Coke once in a while because it really seemed to help with nausea, but I pretty much never stopped. Now, I’m totally back on the D.C. wagon and have attempted to quit at least 14 times already. #maybeafterthebeach
– There’s a small chance that my bridesmaid’s dress will not zip on Friday. Cardigans in outdoor weddings where the temps are above 90 are totally in right? (Don’t tell my sister!)
And there you have it… What would be on your “non-highlight” reel this month?
Be sure to check out Heather’s confessions too and link your own below. Feel free to include this little button in your post as well if you’d like.