Good morning! It’s an especially happy Monday here as it is the first full day of our beach vacation. I’m currently drinking coffee and looking out at the sand and ocean while grandparents entertain Sam and rock Nora. It doesn’t get much better…
It’s also the 15th which means it’s time for Mid-Month Confessions! Please join Heather and I as we get some of our “less than perfect” moments off our chest and share a good laugh. I’ll go first:
– I stayed up until 2AM the night before we left for the beach finishing laundry, packing, and
not really cleaning the house. I didn’t even start packing for myself until almost midnight. It should be noted that I had five full days at home/off work prior to this which one would think would have been plenty of time. ALSO, we could probably live here for the rest of our lives and not go without a thing.
– Sam watched THREE movies in a row on our way down. Car trips are the one time I’m perfectly content allowing him to fry his brain. #hisormine
– Last weekend my parents and sister were out having a few drinks after dinner, and Jeff encouraged me to go meet them since Sam was getting ready for bed and Nora wouldn’t need to eat again for another two hours. I got so excited to go have “adult” hang out time (and was in such a hurry to maximize those 120 minutes) that I a.) wore the capri pants I’d had on all day to a bar at night (so 2012) and b.) hit the neighbors’ trashcan as I was backing out of the driveway in our minivan. Clearly I don’t get out much.
– I gave up soda last year and was so proud of myself. Some time during the first trimester of my pregnancy with Nora, I started having a fountain Diet Coke once in a while because it really seemed to help with nausea, but I pretty much never stopped. Now, I’m totally back on the D.C. wagon and have attempted to quit at least 14 times already. #maybeafterthebeach
– There’s a small chance that my bridesmaid’s dress will not zip on Friday. Cardigans in outdoor weddings where the temps are above 90 are totally in right? (Don’t tell my sister!)
And there you have it… What would be on your “non-highlight” reel this month?
Be sure to check out Heather’s confessions too and link your own below. Feel free to include this little button in your post as well if you’d like.
Amanda K. says
how dare your sister get married when you’re still postpartum 😉
(i got married 12 weeks after my sister had her second. she traveled from taiwan with two kids ages 12 weeks and 2 years and she didn’t complain ONCE. i didn’t have kids, so i didnt realize how incredible it was. now that i realize, i’m still apologizing, 6 years later.)
also, i give up diet coke all the time, and pregnancy always reels me back in.
you aren’t alone.
Nikki Miller says
We are headed to OBX next week (which is over an 8 hour drive for us), do you have any good car tips for a 3 year old and 21 month old? Did Sam watch the movies on an IPAD?
– My 3 year old is watching Frozen right now (which I encouraged) so I get some work emails and phone calls done aka read blogs and comment .
Have a blast at your sister’s wedding.
Erika B. says
Hahaha I’m trying to picture you on the beach with your cardigan. Love it. Also, love that you travel to bars via minivan. That just shouldn’t happen. 😉 Don’t you keep a cooler car around for occasions like that? Or is that only super rich people like me?? (I’m busy marathoning Gossip Girl, so forgive me if I act like everyone should own 20 cars…I’m out of touch with reality)
I cracked up at your confession about adult hangout time! “So 2012” hahah- story of my life, except I’m usually way more than 3 years behind. I hope y’all have the best week!
Ha, these are great! My daughter also watches movies on road trips. It is the only way. Also, I had no idea capri pants at bars were so 2012…I guess I’m officially in the mom club 😛
I didn’t really drink soda before being pregnant. Unfortunately it was one of my cravings, so I was having a DR. Pepper every day. I just recently kicked it, and George is now 10 months old…