Happy May!! Today is Jeff’s birthday, so I’m looking forward to a date night with him tonight, and tomorrow I’m co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law who is due in June. It should be a fun weekend! What are your plans?
Speaking of plans, I’m finally feeling “normal” enough to start making some for this month. I’ll be going back to work (just for three weeks) on May 13th, so the first half is still maternity leave and the second half will likely be more about survival. With that in mind, I’m trying to be realistic and set some attainable “goals with grace” for myself. (You can read my original goals post with details about my “Best Stuff List” here.)
So, shall we?
1. Spiritual Life: Use my new Naptime Diary regularly and be intentional about time to pray and be still.
2. Marriage: Have a date night. (Doing this tonight! At least I know I will be successful with one goal!)
3. Kids: Continue to get in a groove with our “new normal” and establish some routines/schedule for Nora.
4. Health: Complete Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and walk regularly. (I go to the doctor today for my six week follow-up appointment and expect to get the exercise go ahead. As much as I’d love to make breastfeeding my sole form of physical activity for the next eleven months, my sister’s wedding is just a little over a month away, so this girl’s got to get on it!) If you’ve had success with these videos or have any tips for losing baby weight, I’d love to hear!
5. Calling/Career: Transition back to work smoothly and finish out the year strong.
6. Relationships: Make the most of my last two weeks of maternity leave with lots of coffee and play dates.
7. Home: Organize closets/transition spring clothes (before I go back to work). Make sure everyone is wearing clean clothes, eating off of clean dishes, and not tripping over things on the floor (after I go back to work). 😉
8. Hobbies: Get back in a blogging routine and share more about our life right now.
Do you set goals for the month? If so, I’d love if you’d share them or link to your post in the comments… Have a wonderful weekend!