It’s time for some mid-month confessions about my (crazy and messy) life as a mom / teacher / wife / etc.
But first, since it’s been a little while, here’s a recap about the idea behind the link-up:
Heather (from Notes from the Nelsens) and I started this in January as a spot on the internet for sharing some of the “non-highlight reel” of our real lives. (Read all of my Confessions posts here.) Our intention is that it would be fun, funny, and (maybe most importantly) encouraging to other women who feel like their life is less-than-perfect most days. There are certainly things I don’t confess here; but, honestly, I find that having a good laugh over life’s little mistakes really is good for me! I hope you will join us today (and on the 15th of every month) to make the best of our flaws, smile, and move on… We’re all in this together!
Here are my confessions:
– Sam started preschool on Wednesday of last week, and his teacher asked each family to make play-dough one month to use at school. I signed up for September
to get it over with because I knew I would just forget later on. Anyway, that was on Wednesday and already close to the middle of the month. I planned to make it over the weekend, but that didn’t happen, and I sent a note to the teacher apologizing Monday and saying he would bring it Tuesday. Then, last night, at 8:45, I finally started to make the darn thing, and didn’t even have all the ingredients (even despite the fact that Jeff had asked me at least three times to check the pantry before he went to the store on Sunday). I ended up having to borrow salt from a neighbor and stay up way too late, but Sam DID take some pretty awesome (Clemson) orange play-dough to school today. #procrastinatorsunite #elementaryschoolisgoingtokillme #Iseriouslyconsideredsendinginstorebought
– In that same vein, it’s only the fourth week of school for my students, and I am already SO SO behind on grading etc. To be honest, I was already behind by the second week of school.
– I make actual dinners for my family no more than three times a week, usually only twice.
– I’m TERRIBLE at dressing a little girl. I’ve dreamed about this day since I was a little girl myself, and now it’s finally here, and I’m failing miserably. Boys are easy – top and bottom. I’ve got that down. Girls have tights, diaper covers, bows, leggings, dresses, shirts, jackets, etc. And don’t even get me started on fancy braids and stuff later on… I’m already so stressed out by it all! Nora mostly wears pajamas all day every day. I can’t figure out sizing for her clothes either, so on the off chance we do “dress up,” she’s usually wearing leggings that are too tight or dresses that swallow her.
– My evil* sister-in-law left a big container of Tollhouse cookie dough in our fridge on Saturday night, and I’ve been eating a scoop (or two) of it nearly every night since. #salmonella
*My sister-in-law is not actually evil at all; but, she did leave cookie dough in my fridge despite her full knowledge of my lack of willpower. 😉
There you have it! Hot mess express! Make sure to check out Heather’s confessions and then link-up your own Confessions post (or just leave them in the comments) below.
P.S. I’m trying to respond to the comments left on yesterday’s post beneath them, so stop back by there if you left one or just want some further thoughts from me.