So, I had a post planned on statement necklaces today (deep stuff, I know), but since a couple people requested that I do a little round-up of some of my favorite clothing items for summer in stores now, I figured I’d shift gears and go that way instead. (This kind of “shopping” is much healthier for my wallet – not to mention my marriage – anyway.)
As you know, Old Navy and Target are my main “go-to” shops if I’m looking for inexpensive, but cute clothes. Here’s what I’m loving on their racks currently:
Old Navy: (25% off all regular priced items with code ONSAVENOW online only)
And a few “bonus notes” about summer clothes:
– I don’t love to show off my arms, so I’m all about light fabrics. I love gauzy shirts, kimono sleeves, and light-weight cardigans.
– The ideal length of short (to me) is 5″. This isn’t so long that they look like “mom shorts” (because who wants to look like a mom?), but they aren’t so short that they look like “hussy shorts” either. 😉
– Patterned or shorts in a fun color are a great way to add some “spunk” to your wardrobe.
– Old Navy shorts (I find) run true to size. Target runs a little small.
– If you’re wearing a dress (or skirt) for every day, I like to keep the rest of the outfit very simple with minimal jewelry and plain shoes.
– You can never have too many white shirts or solid color tees.
– Outfits should be cool, casual, and versatile enough to wear to a lunch date AND the playground.
– Always accessorize with sunglasses (on a Croakie, ideally), a pedicure, sunscreen, and bronzer. 🙂 Not much more!
Anyone have any of these clothes or have other favorites (or notes) you could add? Please share!