So, I had a post planned on statement necklaces today (deep stuff, I know), but since a couple people requested that I do a little round-up of some of my favorite clothing items for summer in stores now, I figured I’d shift gears and go that way instead. (This kind of “shopping” is much healthier for my wallet – not to mention my marriage – anyway.)
As you know, Old Navy and Target are my main “go-to” shops if I’m looking for inexpensive, but cute clothes. Here’s what I’m loving on their racks currently:
Outfit 1 — Merona Knit Kimono Maxi Dress in Sour Cream Stripe / Merona Esma Braided Sandals in Black
Outfit 2 — Merona Eyelet Tee in Sour Cream / Merona Chino 5″ Shorts in Lime / Mossimo Supply Co. Lakitia Sandals in Natural & Turquoise
Outfit 3 — Vintage V-Neck Tee in Xavier Navy / Merona Petites Button Front Skirt in Moss / Mossimo Supply Co. Shauna Huarache Sandals in Cognac
Old Navy: (25% off all regular priced items with code ONSAVENOW online only)
Outfit 1 — Embroidered Gauze Top / Denim Pencil Skirt / Faux-Leater T-Strap Sandals in Light Brown
Outfit 2 — Slub-Knit Tank w/ Gold Pineapples / The Sweetheart 5″ Denim Shorts / Lightweight Textured Boyfriend Cardi in Georgia Peach (not pictured) / Woven-Strap Sandals in White & Gold
Outfit 3 — White Slub-Knit Crew Pocket Tee /5″ Printed Shorts in Blue Stripe / T-Strap Sandals in Coral
And a few “bonus notes” about summer clothes:
– I don’t love to show off my arms, so I’m all about light fabrics. I love gauzy shirts, kimono sleeves, and light-weight cardigans.
– The ideal length of short (to me) is 5″. This isn’t so long that they look like “mom shorts” (because who wants to look like a mom?), but they aren’t so short that they look like “hussy shorts” either. 😉
– Patterned or shorts in a fun color are a great way to add some “spunk” to your wardrobe.
– Old Navy shorts (I find) run true to size. Target runs a little small.
– If you’re wearing a dress (or skirt) for every day, I like to keep the rest of the outfit very simple with minimal jewelry and plain shoes.
– You can never have too many white shirts or solid color tees.
– Outfits should be cool, casual, and versatile enough to wear to a lunch date AND the playground.
– Always accessorize with sunglasses (on a Croakie, ideally), a pedicure, sunscreen, and bronzer. 🙂 Not much more!
Anyone have any of these clothes or have other favorites (or notes) you could add? Please share!
your darling sister is wearing that target dress today. Great minds.
Erika B. says
That button down Target skirt is super cute!! The functionality of a plain jersey skirt, but a little cuter…fab! I wonder if they have it in non-petites?
I love these! Have you tried on those Merona 5″ shorts? They’re sized terribly! I tried on both of the sizes that I switch back and forth between and both were huge in the waist, akward in the crotch and the smaller size was tight on my thighs. Such a bummer because I’m loving all the colors/prints they offer!
Jcrew factory has great colored shorts and I have been able to get them for a cheaper price than gap and old navy. Watch sales! Their 5″ shorts are so cute and they have such a great range of colors! I love all of your choices for summer!
I bought a very similar dress at Target today – super flattering! Also the 5″ shorts are on sale for $12 and sandals are buy 1 get 1 50% off! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
You did a excellent job! This post sound really nice.
I saw something similar a few weeks ago, something similar to this
https://ubermonsters.com/camp-nerd-fitness/, but you did detailed study, and your post appears to be more persuasive than others.
I’m amazed by the arguments you provided as well as the style of your post.
I like when posts are both informative and interesting, when even dull facts are presented in an interactive manner.
Well, it’s definitely about your post.