It’s October – one of my favorite months of the year – yay!! Unfortunately, it hasn’t gotten off to the best start… Nothing has gone wrong in particular, but I’m feeling the burden of September’s post-summer procrastination, and Nora has decided to quit sleeping and start screaming… So that’s fun. Not. Anyway, there’s no time like the present to turn things around and get busy! I’m excited to be joining Sarah once again to share my B+ goals for the month today, but first, here’s a quick recap of how I did in September…
- I launched my eBook!! Hooray! This was a LABOR of love, but I’m proud of it and so glad to have it done. (Once again, thank you for all your support and encouragement throughout the launch and along the way!)
- I didn’t blog as regularly as I would have liked, but I’m getting there…
- I drank more water and – finally – started regularly walking/running several evenings a week with some consistency.
- I read two books for me – Love Warrior (full review coming tomorrow) and Lean In – and two with Sam – Owls in the Family and Toys Go Out – I recommend the latter, but not the former.
- I decorated for fall but didn’t quite get our closets organized.
- I still haven’t updated the photos in our house.
- And, we went camping!!! (I even enjoyed it!) *I also went hiking in September. Who am I?
Looking back, September was maybe one of the more “successful” months I’ve had in a while in terms of goals… There’s definitely something to be said for routine after a summer of fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants fun! Here’s hoping October will be even better. So, shall we?
October 2016 B+ Goals:
1. Clean out all four of our closets and create (and share) some type of “capsule wardrobe” for the kids and me.
2. Continue with Couch to 5K and be able to run 15 minutes straight. (Also, be able to fit into my bridesmaid’s dress on October 22nd.) #babysteps #realist
3. Pack my lunch at least 3 days a week. (Progress, not perfection.)
4. Publish at least one “meaningful” blog post and one “Teaching Tuesday” post each week. (So far, I’m claiming this one and this one for this week.)
5. Read three books for me (it’s a stretch, but – thanks to Overdrive and audiobooks, I can totally do it) and at least one with Sam.
6. Take the kids to a pumpkin patch.
7. Clean-up/decorate our front porch. (I lost my privileges with mums about five years ago after consecutively killing too many to count, but I think Jeff’s ready to let me try again. I’m responsible for two children now, so I think I’ve proven my abilities.)
8. Send a fall Sam&Scout Newsletter… I’m WAY behind on this!!! (If you haven’t signed up, you can do it here.)
I don’t know if I’ve become more cynical or more realistic, but I actually had kind of a hard time thinking of goals this month. I really want them to be attainable, and not overwhelming or pointless. There were other things I wanted to put on there – like “update photos in frames around the house” again and host a girls’ dinner at my house – but I’m learning that I can’t do everything every month. Some things will just have to wait. That’s the whole point of being “B+” right? I like it.
Don’t forget to check out Sarah’s goals (and a super cute pic of her puppy) too, and share your own in the comments if you want!
It’s going to be a good month friends.
P.S. Any tips on surviving 18-month sleep regression and/or early-onset “terrible twos” is WELCOME and appreciated.
Just read Love Warrior yesterday! Interested to hear your thoughts (as I try to figure out my own haha).