Capsule wardrobes are all the rage in the blog world right now. While I have been trying to simplify my closet a little bit and get rid of things I don’t love, I’m not quite ready to go to that extreme with my clothes just yet; BUT, shoes are another story…
After both pregnancies now my feet have grown about a half a size, so I’ve found myself needing to buy almost* all new shoes this fall… I’ve never really been a big shoe girl, so the idea of “less is more” appeals to me in this area (not to mention the fact that I definitely don’t have a million dollars to spend on new shoes every time I have a blasted baby). Here are ten pairs (all of which are in stores now) that I think cover all the bases of cute and practical. They are all “teacher approved” in terms of comfort, and range from “Splurge” to “Steal” in price.
- Tall riding boots – I bought these last year in tan and have been really happy with them. The color goes with black, brown, or navy, and the style is comfortable and flattering. (They also come in wide-calf.)
- Ankle boots – I love that these are flat and, again, the color would go with everything. (I also like these.)
- Black flats – I got these as a gift from my parents a few years ago, and I’ve worn them almost completely out. I love them with jeans, dresses, dress pants, etc.
- Nude flats – These are my ‘go to’ shoe. They go with everything and, I think, have a classy/refined look. I’ve been wearing this style from Target for years and always find it comfortable + they are cheap enough to replace every year or so as needed. (I also love these if I was looking something that would last longer than one or two seasons.)
- Leopard flats – Leopard is the new neutral folks! These go with so much more than you’d think, add a fun pop to a simple outfit, and I love that they are a little more loafer than ballet. I wore them Monday with black pants and a gray top and thought they were very comfortable – especially for a first wear.
- Black pumps – Let’s be honest, I wear flats about 99% of the time, but I do think black pumps are good to have on standby in case of a wedding or other fancy event where flats just really won’t do. (You could probably argue that you need a pair of nude pumps too if you were really passionate about this.)
- Fun sneakers – to wear with yoga pants when you want to look like you’ve been working out 😉
- Rain boots – I’ve been wearing mine A LOT lately (I’m also a fan of the classic Bean boot.)
- Casual slip-ons – to wear with a hoodie on casual Fridays, because you not everyone can pull off sneakers with skinny jeans (I also like these)
- Cozy slippers – I got these for Christmas a few years ago, and they are heavenly.
*Lest you think I’m the highest paid teacher in the world, rest assured I did not buy ALL of these this year. I already had the tall boots, black flats, and rain boots (thankfully they still fit), and the booties, sneakers, Toms, and heels are still on my “Wish List.”
Have a good week!
P.S. This post is NOT sponsored in any way shape or form, but it does contain affiliate links.