I’ve got to be honest. For a Friday, my day has NOT been off to the best start… Some days, working with teenagers is HARD – especially on the last day before grades are due. (BTW, does anyone else feel like they get frustrated/angry much more easily and more intensely when they are pregnant, or is that just me? Super sensitive too. My co-worker just said “You need to have this baby already” regarding my bad mood today. Not meant to be mean at all, but it made me want to cry. Ugh. Hormones.) Anyway, I’m giving myself fifteen minutes to mindlessly read blogs and press the “Re-Start” button, then it’s back to the game…
Here are a few things making me happy/making me think on the inter-webs today:
– “Little Kids & BIG CHANGES: How Much Help Does an Older Sibling Need When a New Baby Comes Along.” Naturally, this has been on my mind a lot lately, and I’ve been looking for some good, solid, advice on the subject. I was SO happy when I saw Kendra’s post on the topic pop up in my feed early this morning. Her response isn’t the 3-step plan I was hoping for; but, it’s good for my mommy heart. Plus, she’s done this six times so… she’s kind-of a pro. (She also links to this post from a while back with a more practical ideas – that I really like – and some books on the subject. Good stuff.)
– “59 Things Parents Wish They Had Been Told Before They Had Kids” on Buzzfeed. I was just talking to a girlfriend about a lot of these things yesterday, there are some really good ones listed – especially #15, #16, #17, #32 (ha), #34, #47, #53, and #57, #58, and #59. A lot of truth here.
– Dax Shepard on Kristen Bell’s C-Section on Ellen/ US Weekly. So funny and so true. (Jeff recounts my c-section with Sam pretty similarly actually.) They are – for sure – my favorite Hollywood couple.
– “The 20 Most Fun Colleges in America” from Business Insider. Spoiler Alert: Clemson is #1. Duh!
– “A ‘Parenthood’ Writer Says Goodbye to ‘Parenthood.'” Besides the fact that that is a horrible title for an article, I loved this. Did you watch last night? I managed to hold off until the last ten minutes or so, but then I was a blubbering mess. Two more episodes. #Imindenial
– And, last but not least, YOU GUYS! Thanks SO much to everyone who participated in my Mid-Month Confessions link-up with Heather yesterday. It was a blast reading all your hilarious confessions; and, honestly, it was good for my soul to know I’m not the only one who sometimes forgets to brush my son’s teeth before bed, eats icing out of the jar, or runs my clothes through the wash five times.If you missed it yesterday, it’s not too late to link-up. But, at the very least, go and read some of the things people shared. Guaranteed to make you LOL. Promise. And, we’ll be doing it again next month, so start your lists now…
Happy Friday friends!
P.S. Are you following this blog on Facebook? I’ve been posting a lot more over there – mainly links to other blog posts and articles I like throughout the week (along with some other random things like book suggestions and little notes). If you liked this post, you should meet me over there. 🙂
P.S.S. Target is offering a deal (only through tomorrow) where you get a $25.00 gift card when you spend $100.00 on diapers or wipes (any brand). To get it, you’ll need this coupon or you can text SAVE to 82743. I’m planning to make a trip there tonight after a lovely child and husband free dinner with my (also pregnant) sister-in-law (maybe we can be grouchy and emotional together). What sizes should I stock up on?!? Thank you and you’re welcome.