Yay! The day has come! It’s the fifteenth, and I’m so excited to be co-hosting the first Mid-Month Confessions blog hop of 2015 with Heather from Notes from the Nelsens today!
Remember, this is just a fun spot to “air our dirty laundry” (figuratively or, in my case, literally) and share some of the moments when we failed this month but were able to pull ourselves back up and have a good laugh about it. It is a place to connect with other bloggers and put our non-highlight reel out there so that we can feel a little better about our less-than-perfect lives. I’m sharing my list below, Heather’s is over on her blog now, and we invite YOU to write your own post and link-up at the bottom of either one.
So, let’s do this:
– Lately, Sam is really into “video games.” In reality, he is playing a “cupcake maker” game or watching mini cartoons from the PBS app on my phone for about 30 minutes most days, but he talks about “playing video games” ALL THE TIME. The other night before bed, I asked him what he was thankful for, and he said – you guessed it – video games. I am mortified at the fact that my three year old is probably telling his teacher (and anyone else with ears) about all the gaming he’s doing these days. Oy vey!
– I love my job, but from January – March I LIVE for snow days/delayed openings. Like a child, I get giddy and can’t sleep the night they are calling for any sort of wintry weather, and then I spend the entire next morning checking my phone incessantly for the alert text (and possibly checking the local news and school website too just in case my text messaging isn’t working) and wait entirely too long to actually accept the fact that I am going to school and get in the shower. (HOORAY! I actually got the first real snow day of the school year yesterday!) #teacherlife #itsatoughjobbutsomebodyhastodoit
– I have pretty much everything I need to complete the nursery and take a huge chunk out of my “to do before baby” list, BUT my closet (which is housed in that room) has currently thrown up ALL over the place, and we couldn’t actually move in furniture etc. if we tried. I keep telling myself that sharing that room with the baby will be “good for me” and that now is the perfect opportunity to de-clutter and minimize my wardrobe a bit, but right now I have a small anxiety attack every time I step foot in the room – thus paralyzing me and any hope of progress at this point. When is the nesting urge supposed to kick in?!?
– I misspell the word occasion (by adding an extra s) every.single.dang.time.
– The other morning when I offered Sam a bowl of cereal for breakfast, he informed me that cereal is “a dinner food.” Silly mommy! #Ineedtocookdinnermore
– I went to the doctor on Tuesday and actually made a special trip home between work and my appointment to put on clothes that I thought might “weigh less.” I also took off my Fitbit and my shoes before stepping on the scale. Ain’t nobody got time for extra pounds. 😉
– I’m probably a bit too sad about the end of Parenthood in three episodes (one tonight). As Ashley put it on my Instagram post last week, I feel like I’m losing my best friends! Now where will I turn when I need a good ugly cry every week? (Also, I sure wish my pregnancy was as fast as Amber’s.)
…OK y’all, don’t leave me hanging in this awkward spot all alone!! You’re up next… Write your own Mid-Month Confessions post and share it by linking up at the very bottom of this post (one entry will show up on both of our blogs). We’d love if you’d also link back here by using the button (below) in your post too! (Simply copy the code underneath the image shown and paste it into the html of your post.)
*Banner and button design by Tricia Nae.
I can’t WAIT to see what sort of shenanigans you’ve been up to this month! 😉
P.S. Don’t forget to stop by Heather’s blog today for her confessions and find a new friend or two from the links below!