HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!
I’m a little late on this, but guess what I asked for for Mother’s Day this year? Yep, some uninterrupted time with coffee and my blog. 🙂
Just in case you’re enjoying some quiet moments today too, here are a few Links & Likes…
Hope you have a wonderful day however and whoever you are celebrating!
Links: a lot about mothers and a few about other things
“Unicorns and Perfect Mothers: Lies, All Lies” by Melanie Shankle (Big Mama) for Today Parenting
“Dog Mom Anthem” – a hilarious video for my sister and all the other “fur baby” mommas on Mother’s Day
I like Joanna Goddard’s words on aging.
One of my favorite podcasts, The Mom Hour, hosted an awesome Mothers Day Challenge where they asked real moms to send handwritten letters in to other moms that might need their specific encouragement. On the podcast, they had twelve other moms/podcasters read the letters… Such a great idea and beautifully executed.
“Second Best Mommy” – for the adoptive momma today
“What To Do When Your Friend Loses a Baby” by Lindsay at Pinch of Yum her lost her sweet baby who was born too early in January… such good, heartfelt advice.
“The Moms of TODAY Get Real about the Guilt and Joy of Motherhood” – my mom sent this to me, and I loved it!! Also, I adore Jenna Bush Hager and, really, all these women. I love the voice they are giving to moms everywhere.
“My Kids Matter More Than My Ego” – a good reminder
Likes: 10 things that would make great gifts for your mom… or yourself, since really it’s too late to buy for mom 😉 Lots of sales too!
- The She Reads Truth Bible appears to be sold out EVERYWHERE right now, but I called my local Lifeway store and they actually had a few copies available AND on sale (the gray hardcover was only $23 at my store).
- One of these painted pots with a pretty plant in it… perfection. (20% off today)
- You can’t go wrong with a monogram necklace, and this one and this one are so pretty! (20% off today)
- I have one of these tasseled iPhone USB cords and use it all the time. Practical and pretty! (20% off today)
- A Naptime Diary Devotional from All Things Collective — maybe with a Starbucks gift card?
- I’m loving the book The Magic of Motherhood by Ashlee Gadd and the Coffee+Crumbs team, and it’s pretty enough to leave out on my nightstand all the time. (Pair it with this sweet free printable – pictured above – for the perfect girlfriend gift.)
- These earrings are SO fun, and a great price from J.Crew too! (25% off today)
- This flamingo tassel scarf from Loft looks like the perfect “summer” scarf. (30% off today)
- I learned about these Turkish bath towels from The Lazy Genius Podcast this week, and now I REALLY to overhaul all towels in my house. #jeffisnotonboard #yet ALSO, they are 50% off right now!!!
- And of course… the new 2017-2018 Academic Simplified Planners by Emily Ley launch THIS WEDNESDAY at 10AM. (Did you see the cover reveals this week? SWOON.) P.S. There’s totally still time to grab an EL gift card so she can pick out her own cover on the 17th (the best part honestly) and make a momma’s year! #affiliatelinks