Happy Mid-Month!! I’m excited to get back in the groove and share some of my less-than-glamorous moments from maternity leave and my first few days back at work (trust me there were a lot)! But first, here’s a quick reminder about the purpose of the link-up: Each month, Heather and I invite you to join us on our blogs and share your “non-highlight reel” in an effort to have a good laugh, keep ourselves humble, and be reminded that we are much more “normal” than we sometimes feel! Motherhood (and life in general) is all about showing yourself grace and being able to smile in the face of chaos and mess. We hope you will join us today by writing your own confession post and linking up below.
Now for a little glimpse into my crazy…
– Even though we’ve had our van for almost a year now, I can’t seem to fully master opening and closing the automatic doors. For example, whenever I take Sam through the drop off line at school and it is time for him to get out, I can’t open the door because I’m not in Park, then I open the wrong door, and then – once I finally get him safely out of the car – I drive off with the opposite door still open. I’m sure the school has questioned my ability to operate a motor vehicle with children inside.
– I left my entire purse in the cart at the grocery store on Monday evening. Thankfully, a good Samaritan returned it with everything still in place, but I’m clearly winning at this two kids thing. 😉
– Our sitter’s teenage son wrote #YOLO and #SWAG in big, bright sidewalk chalk on our front walk on Tuesday. It is still there. I’m not sure which is worse: people thinking I wrote it or that my preschooler did.
– A sweet friend brought dinner over for us on Tuesday night since Wednesday was my first day back to work and included a fancy sea-salt and almond chocolate bar for dessert with a note saying I would “need it after a long day.” I ate the whole thing – alone – before I ever went to work. #breastfeedingcountsasdietingright?
– Upon returning to my classroom Wednesday morning, I was greeted by a big orange sticker on one of the desks and remembered that I had marked that particular seat because it was the only one I could fit in during the last weeks of my pregnancy. Awesome. (I can’t help but wonder if the kid that has been sitting in it for the last eight weeks felt terribly awkward!)
– I put Sam’s shoes on the wrong feet almost daily.
– AND THE BIG ONE: I’ve enjoyed the last two days back at work. Seeing my students, working in a quiet classroom, eating lunch sitting down… There, I said it.
Now it’s your turn! Here’s a little button you can include in your post if you’d like. Then, simply add your link below so we can find you. I can’t wait to read them.
(And don’t forget to check out Heather’s too.)