Oh June, there you are! I’ve been waiting for you since… August. Welcome back! 😉
The calendar may say we have a few more weeks still, but it is SUMMER in my book! I’ve got five days left of school and ten days until I leave for almost THREE weeks of beach and travel!!!! I cannot wait!
More to come on my summer plans, how I pack for such a long trip with two kids, etc.; but, for today, I’m joining Sarah again to talk about my B+ goals for the month…
First, a quick look at how I did in May:
- Start an eBook. (I thought about starting it a lot. Does that count?)
- Finish my Lit Review for my college class. (Done. Sort-of.)
- Finally plan that Book Club I’ve been talking about since last year. (Done. #2minutesago We’re reading The Nest in case you’re interested.)
- Take Sam to his swim lessons all month. (We missed two out of 8. At least we went to most of them.)
- Have pictures taken of the kids (and actually PRINT some)!! (Ugh. I tried so hard on this one, but our photography session got rained out TWICE.)
- Write three handwritten notes. (Oops.)
- Read another book with Sam. (We’re currently in the middle of Runaway Ralph.)
- Organize my closet and consign clothes with ThredUp. (I sent my bag off – will let you know how it goes – and have finally finished all my purging. I hope to do the final re-organization this week or next.)
- Send May newsletter! (Done! Did you get it?!? Sign up in the sidebar so you don’t miss a special summer edition coming soon-ish!)
So, all in all, maybe more like a C+, but I’ll take it! 😉
And now for June… Like I said above, I’ll be on the road (or on the beach) for all but the first ten days of the month, so I’m trying to keep my goals realistic and low key.
1. Rest. (I’m actually going on vacation with my friends and NO KIDS for five days, and I cannot wait to sleep in, take naps, and just – in general – RELAX.)
2. Read. (Remember my Summer Reading List? I’d like to get through at least 5 of those books in June.)
3. Write. (I’m excited to spend more time on my blog and finally write the eBook I’ve been thinking about for so long! Details to come.)
4. Play. (I want to be good about getting in the water, digging in the sand, sitting on the floor, etc. These months off with my kids are SO precious to me, and I want to make the most of them!)
5. Take candid photos with my real camera. (I used my camera this past weekend for the first time in almost a year, and I couldn’t believe how much better the pictures turned out. I’m packing that bad boy and making it a point to pull it out more often.)
Alright, there we go!
How did you do in May? What are your goals/plans for June?
Make sure to check out Sarah’s post too!
P.S. Check out my “Goals for a Slowish Summer” post from last year. I’m going for more of the same!