I cannot believe it is MAY already! Woohoo! Hello spring (for real this time, no playing around like you did last month)! Hello cookouts and swimsuits and movies outside! Hello end-of-school-year-hustle (the end result is totally worth it).
We rang in May well yesterday with – actually, come to think of it – all of the above, and I’m excited to be sharing some new B+goals for the month with Sarah today!
But first, you might recall that March was not my *best* month. Thankfully, April was much, much better! You can go back and read that post for the specifics; but, in general, I “met” my goals. In April I read three books, I finally stepped up my blogging game again (which is fun and relaxing to me), I went to bed much earlier, I got outside a lot more. I took walks, I went to the gym (OK, only once, but whatever). I played with my kids more. I went to baseball games, birthday parties, and the drive-in. I let other things wait in favor of dinner with friends.
AND, on top of all that good stuff, I even got my yard cleaned up, finally organized the basement and kids’ clothes, and tended to some “to do”s I’d been putting off for a while. As it turns out, when I took care of and stopped putting so many expectations on myself, I was actually more productive too.
It was a good month. It wasn’t perfect (ironically, I spent the last few days of the month sick again), but it was just the re-set I had needed. I’m ready to go in to May in a MUCH better place, with a similar B+ approach…
Here are my goals for May:
1. Start an eBook. (Yep. I’m doing it. Details to come.) *Bet you can’t guess what it’s going to be about!
2. Finish my Lit Review for my college class. (It was due in March. Just FYI.)
3. Finally plan that Book Club I’ve been talking about since last year.
4. Take Sam to his swim lessons all month. (B+ people. I’ll be happy if we get there.)
5. Have pictures taken of the kids (and actually PRINT some)!! *This is planned for late in the month, and you know I’m already planning outfits etc.
6. Write three handwritten notes. (These will, likely, take the place of the Thank You notes I never wrote after Nora’s/my birthday in March. #whohaveIbecome?)
7. Read another book with Sam. (I fell out of this habit in March and April, but I loved it. Any recommendations?)
8. Organize my closet and consign clothes with ThredUp.
9. Send May newsletter! (Have you signed up?! If not, you can do it on the sidebar –>)
So, it’s a lot, but these are all things I really need/want to do anyway, and I feel like I have a lot better perspective about these goals than I did the first half of the year. Let’s do this!
How are things going for you? Did you meet any of your goals from April? What’s the plan for May?
Remember to check out Sarah’s B+ Goals here too!
Have a great week!
P.S. When I was looking for an image to use in this post, I found this cute free checklist from Paper&Glam. I’m going to try to mark some of these things off too (very B+, of course). I just love that these things are simple, and FUN, and all about life’s little pleasures. #whatispaperclipdaythough?