Well, hello there friends!
I’m still here. Sorry for the long blog break! It was unintended, but I was just so busy having fun. 😉
Seriously though, we are home from our travels now, and I’m anxious to get back in a routine – in life and on the blog. If you’re still here, thanks for sticking with me!
So, it’s July. What?!? June literally disappeared before my eyes. It was SO fun, but so very un-productive. Incase you’re interested, here’s a quick recap/review of my June goals:
- Rest – CHECK! I spent five days at the beach with my friends and no kids, then ten days at the beach with my family and five days at my mom and dad’s. It was SO great having extra hands to help with the kids; and, honestly, just being away from my house, responsibilities, and schedule. I slept in almost every morning (the kids did too believe it or not), did very little cooking and cleaning, and just – in general – enjoyed myself and took it easy. It was probably the longest stretch of rest and relaxation that I’ve had in five years. It was wonderful. I came home feeling so refreshed and, truly, ready and excited to “hustle” a little in July. (Spoiler Alert: I really didn’t do that well on the rest of my goals this month, but I’m SO glad I focused on this one. I know not everyone has the opportunity to take three weeks away like this, so I don’t take it for granted. This was much needed, and I’m incredibly grateful that it was possible.)
- Read – Oops. I didn’t read anywhere near five books this month (whatwasIthinking?); but, I did read Me Before You (LOVED it) and am halfway through The Year We Turned Forty (eh). Looks like I’ve got a lot of reading to do in July and August if I want to get through this list. 😉
- Write – Well, I think you know how this one went. 😉 I have, however, started my ebook. (Did you catch the topic in my interview on The Mom Hour? It’s on maternity leave – specifically for teachers – and I CAN’T WAIT to share it with you!)
- Play – CHECK! Again, I’m so glad I prioritized this over other things this month… Play doesn’t come easy for me, but there was something about being on vacation and away from home that just pushed me to spend more intentional time on the ground with my kids. I got in the ocean, rode bikes, played restaurant, raced cars, rode the carousel 4 times in a row, ate ice-cream (wait, that’s not play?), etc. It was the best!
- Take Candid Photos with My Real Camera – Nope. Didn’t take one. #youwinsomeyoulosesome
So, there you have it. Now, on to what’s in store for this month…
1. Make good progress on my ebook. (Look for more on this soon.)
2. Blog regularly – I’m going to aim for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday post schedule (+ Links & Likes).
3. Host Sam’s 5th birthday party (what in the world?!?) and make a video/slideshow for him.
4. Try two new classes at the gym and exercise AT LEAST three times a week. (Y’all, I need this SO bad right now.)
5. Clean out my closet/ plan a fall “capsule wardrobe.” (Third time’s a charm?!?)
6. Read two books for myself (I just got Eligible from the library for my Kindle and I’m excited to start it) and one with Sam.
7. Get back on track with meal planning/prep and cook healthy meals at three(ish) times a week. (I’d been using Prep Dish before my trip and really liked it. I’m hoping to start that up again next week!)
8. Take the kids on three “adventures.” (Did you see this little calendar I posted on Instagram earlier this week? Sam is LOVING it.)
Ok, that should keep me plenty busy, don’t you think?!?
As always, I’m linking up with Sarah today, and we’d LOVE to hear what you have on the ole “to do” list for July. Remember, the whole premise of “B+ Goals” is that “done is better than perfect.” I pretty much know I’ll never get everything done that I want to in a month, but I love having a list as a starting place and knowing what I’m working towards; then, I celebrate the wins and show myself grace in the losses. Join me?!?
Until next time,